Welcome: Florida Planning and Development Lab
The Florida Planning and Development Lab (FPDL) is a nationally-recognized resource which utilizes Florida as a laboratory and draws upon the academic and professional resources of Florida State University to connect with public and private partners to provide capacity and innovative planning for the sustainable growth and long-term viability of Florida communities.
The FPDL is located in the third floor of the Bellamy Building at Florida State University and is part of the Department of Urban & Regional Planning, College of Social Sciences and Public Policy.
- Provide technical assistance and capacity to Florida communities and institutions.
- Provide professional training in planning and urban design for students through place-based, learning studios.
- Provide research support for faculty within FSU on a range of planning topics.
- Provide student internships in a diverse array of professional planning settings.
Current and Recent Partnerships
- Jefferson County, Florida
- Pasco County, Florida
- Tallahassee - Leon County, Florida
- StarMetro - City of Tallahassee Transit System
- Florida State University
- USDA Forest Service
- Florida Trail Association
- Blueprint 2000 Intergovernmental Agency - City of Tallahassee and Leon County
- Colquitt, Georgia
- State of Florida
- Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO)
- Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Department of Emergency Management (DEM)